Saturday, June 9, 2012

Action cards, Combat, and the Board.

Just had this idea: Move/Action energy is required to perform certain attacks, or possibly all attacks, along with activating events and other board interactions.

For combat possibly special attacks will require action energy, like the unique ability of each transformation, as well as special equipment usage. Basic attacks won't require actions but will have their own limitations. The default attacks on the transformation will still be limited once per turn for their cost, for example.

While in combat players can't use action cards to interact with the board. Originally I wanted to move the action cards to energy cards to give the idea that transforming made the player stronger, and removed their ability to play the board, but this design makes the action cards more valuable in combat, and a flat rule works just as well.

Still designing the stuff the cards can do, trying to make each one using each energy card unique while performing a similar function.

1 comment:

  1. I've been following your posts for a few weeks now, and I like what I'm seeing. If I have any "constructive" ideas, I'll post those, but wanted to let you know to keep at it. There aren't enough solid anime-styled board games on the market and a good one would definitely get my money.

    ReplyDelete