Friday, April 13, 2012

This is a start

Alright. I want to get into game design, so this is a plan to try and get that started. I have a design in writing right now, and am going to use this blog as a way to keep myself on track and junk.

So my plan is to have an Arkham Horror style game with a bit more on individual character building and more elaborate combat, set to the theme of magical girls. Characters are going to be built something like Munchkin characters, where your base stats are made up of different parts with separate themes, which then influence the skills and weapons you pick up and level up your character. You explore a town rooting out evil eventually culminating in a fight against a final boss.

I still need to think about how I want the combat to work out to something that's not purely reliant on dice roll but still makes sense in a board game setting. Deck building was something that sounded interesting, but how to acquire cards has to makes sense.

Anyway, first post, back to storming.

No comments:

Post a Comment